Well well well.
What a turn up for the books! I finished 3 movements in as many days, leaving me with only the opening movement left to complete. I thought about pressing on and trying to finish that today, but there’s more than a day’s work in it so I decided to leave off and take a day off from work. Instead I went to a piano recital, drank a lot of coffee, and came home and prepared scores of 6 pieces currently awaiting publication. More on that later!
I’m going to London tomorrow for a long weekend, so there won’t be any posts until Tuesday, at which point I’ll be starting work on the first movement. I’m hoping to have it finished by the end of the week, so that I can take the weekend off and then proof and edit a movement a day the following week, which should bring me up to day 100.
I honestly never thought I’d make up the time like I managed to over the last week. I’ve amazed myself with my productivity and creativity – and it wasn’t all just filling stuff in. Great big patches of fugue episode needed to be composed from scratch, and for some reason, the polyphony just flowed from me for two days. Hopefully I’ll be as efficient next week!